This is a feature release. To take advantage of the new features, including the Blocklist Add-on, you will need up update your fail2ban filters; existing filters will continue to work as before.
Blocklist Add-on users: Please disable the Blocklist plugin before upgrading WP fail2ban, then upgrade the Blocklist plugin and reactivate it.
- Add WP_FAIL2BAN_USE_AUTHPRIV - a single place to switch to LOG_AUTHPRIV for systems without LOG_AUTH.
- Add WP_FAIL2BAN_FREE_ONLY.
- Add WP_FAIL2BAN_PLUGIN_LOG_OTHER and WP_FAIL2BAN_PLUGIN_OTHER_LOG.
- Improve performance.
- Moved cron event to update trusted Cloudflare IP ranges to the Cloudflare add-on. Premium only
- Add support for Pingbacks while blocking XML-RPC. Premium only
- Update Freemius library.